National State Partnership Program Initiatives
EMSC focuses on improving the quality of emergency care for children, and seeks to integrate children’s interests into the existing EMS system.
- Ensuring the availability of on-line and off-line medical direction for pre-hospital providers caring for pediatric patients
- Ensuring availability of essential pediatric equipment as defined in the national guidelines put forth by the American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Surgery Committee on Trauma, American College of Emergency Physicians, National Association of EMS Physicians and EMSC
- Assisting to establish hospital recognition for pediatric medical and traumatic emergent stabilization
- Ensuring that hospitals have written interfacility transfer guidelines for pediatric patients to provide timely transfer to pediatric or tertiary referral centers when medically needed
- Integrating the interests and unique needs of children into the existing EMS system